For those of you who do not know, the past few months I have been taking a class at Huntington University. When I was going to college, I ended up commuting the last year, and could not fit in a science class with a lab so I hadn't officially graduated. All I needed to graduate was that one class, and it had been hanging over my head for years. I had been trying to finish the class, but I just couldn't fit it into my work schedule at the church, or something always would come up. So... once I resigned, I knew it was a perfect time for me to take the class. Plus, I want to start looking into getting my masters soon so I needed to get that undergrad work all finished up. That being said... the class finishes up in just a week. I had my last lab today and only have one more week of the lectures, then the final.
It's been a great experience actually. I have learned quite a bit from the lecture part of the class, but the lab has been really interesting! Today we had the chance to dissect a sheep heart and eye. In the lecture class, there is about 50+ students and I lucked out with only 9 in my lab so we have gotten to know each other pretty well with such a small lab.
Even though I have had to learn about things that I would say wouldn't be my favorite subject, I must say that it is crazy how "life" works. Just like today, taking a look at the heart and seeing how it works, the valves that keep the blood from running the wrong way, and the system that cleans the blood, even the nervous system and how we have nerves that don't have to reach all the way to the brain to create an action so that we can protect ourselves. It is so crazy how we are designed. I just cant imagine that there are scientists who know how the cells all work together at just the right time, even some of those designed as little motors and there is absolutely no way that they could function without all the tiny little parts, still think that we are not designed intelligently. The thought of no god is completely absurd if you look at our bodies, the organs, the brain, even our bones!
The thing I think I have taken from this class the most is that no matter what area in the study of life you look at, God makes himself known. I love the thought that God has made us! He is the designer of the blueprints for our bodies!
You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body,
and knit me together in my mother's womb.
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
You workmanship is marvelous-- and how well I know it.
~Psalm 139.13f NLT
Whenever you wonder if God cares about you, I strongly suggest you just take a few moments and research something about life. Take a look at some of the details of our organs, take a look at the creation of the world, take some time to think about how all the parts of the brain work together so that we don't go crazy. Even though sometimes we think that we have it rough, think of all the wonderful things God has given us. Think about the fact that you don't have a disease where you cant recognize faces, think about the fact that you can see colors, shades, shapes, think about the fact that you can organize your thoughts, and write them on a piece of paper, or type them with your fingers onto a keyboard! We are so wonderfully complex and I hope I never forget it! Thanks Huntington University for letting me study in your biology class and learn so much about the life that God has constructed for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment