Sunday, January 22, 2012

#SundaySetlist

In the Worship Leader blogging world there is a following titled #sundaysetlist where worship leaders will post about their sunday worship services and tweet the songs that they did. I am going to start sharing about once a series or so what we are doing on sundays to first, help me reflect on what all happened in our worship service, and also as a resource if someone else wants to incorporate what we are doing.  I have gotten many different ideas from others who have posted their #sundaysetlist and I hope when I post on ours, we can give ideas to others.


Right now we are in the middle of our series Multiply.  This series is all based out of Matthew 28, the great commission.  We are focusing on the idea of discipleship, which can be broad, but we have to have a strong foundation on what we believe "go and make disciples" means.  Last week Pastor Josh Hossler (our lead pastor) laid some groundwork explaining before we can make disciples we first need to make sure that we know what we are to be discipling.  We must examine ourselves and ask the tough question "are we modeling what Christ considers a good disciple to be?"  This week Pastor Bill Hossler, the president of the Missionary Church (as well as Josh's dad),  gave us some strong challenges.  He gave us some of the different aspects of what the Missionary Church believes "discipleship" is.  For me this series hits home because I am a Pastor of Worship & Discipleship.  I believe when it comes to discipleship the best way is with others!  We see discipleship from our small groups, mentoring those not as spiritually mature as ourselves, even doing life together serving in a particular ministry you see true discipleship.  If you feel you need discipleship, you need to be involved in your local church!

Here is our worship flow:

Welcome 

   Lord, Almighty - Kristian Stanfill version

Worship Set

   Not to Us - Passion version
       Scripture References: Psalm 115.1 & Psalm 66.1f
 
   Hosanna - Hillsong United version
 
   Jesus Messiah - Chris Tomlin version

Announcements - Tony


Message - Bill Hossler

   Multiply (week 2 of series)

Offering & Closing Song

   From the Inside Out - Hillsong United version

Dismiss - Tony


Things I'm working on as a WL:
  - We start at 10.30a and it seems most people don't come in until around 10.40a or 10.45a.  I want to create an atmosphere of anticipation and excitement.  For me, I am so excited about our Sunday gatherings and I want to make every minute as intentional as I can.  I want to share that desire with the congregation so I am starting to lead us into worship as soon as I can and follow the worship set with announcements instead of having them at the beginning.

  - I want to see our congregation engaged in worship.  So many times I've been in services where I have had worship leaders basically give a "performance" and I want the congregation to be actively involved in our worship.  To achieve this I have been giving vocal cues for them to sing and I back away from the mic.  Also, I have used some scripture verses to "coach" them as we are in worship.  So far we have had a great response from the church as far as participation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment